.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Our New Digs

Our current apartment is being supplied by Deme's employer, Microsoft. We have the place for about 2 months and he says it is up to me to find our new place before April. The accommodations are nice, we have a 24 hour doorman, daily cleaning (although I asked her to only come on Friday b/c the dog gets upset and I want to be able to leave him in the apt.), and garage attendant. I have a new cell phone and will pass the number out via e-mail.

My first impressions of Torino, are somewhat like that of a smaller Milan. Lots of buildings, concrete and sidewalks. The dog won't relieve himself even on long walk because I think he is looking for some grass. Thank goodness there is a large park 2 blocks from the apartment. A very long boardwalk snakes along the Po River in Torino. By this river there are benches, trees and lovely birds swimming and sunning themselves. Two mornings and two evenings in a row we have gone out for long walks as I get a better idea of what is available to us in our neighborhood. The shops are gorgeous and their windows are much more sophisticated that those in Seattle. I have gone grocery shopping everyday for fresh fruit, vegetables and bread. The food is fresh and very reasonable, 2 lemons for E .39 and buffalo mozzarella for E 3.98.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home