.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Flight to Roma

Red-eye flights are evil, I am so glad that I decided to leave at a decent hour. When my sister Kentra dropped me off at the airport, my only worry was Zavier. Even with his cute blue and white striped sweater, would he be warm enough? Would his ears pop the way mine do when the plane takes off and lands. The vet prescribed a sedative and I was skeptical but ended up giving him ½ a pill. Everyone commented on how good he was a how quiet too. They don’t know him well enough to make a accurate judgment but I said “thank-you” and went on my way.I must have my fairy godmother watching over me today. Since I am flying with a bit of a head cold, I was hoping that I might have some room to stretch out a bit and sleep. I’m sitting in the middle row with 5 seats and the only other person in my row is a Polish gal, who spent last night flying over the Pacific. She’s headed back to Warsaw from Hawaii, now that’s a long flight. She’s asleep now but there are still 2 ½ empty seats right beside me. Yippee!!

The flight to Roma from Amsterdam was okay 2 ½ hours and I slept for about an hour, by now I was very worried about the dog. When I picked him up in Roma he had not gone to the bathroom for 15 hours or so. He was okay, excited to see Demetrio and checking out all the Italian dog smells. We went to the Demetrio’s mom apartment and stayed until Sunday morning. We are now on our way to Torino, a 5 ½ hour drive. At his point I am exhausted and ready to get home.

We break up the trip by meeting Enzo, Demetrio’s friend in Tuscany for lunch. He takes us to Greve, a small town in the Chianti, one of the most famous wine regions in all of Italy. The vines are bear and dusted with snow but the hillsides are gorgeous. After lunch, we head out again. I was exhausted and so was the dog, Demetrio drove 110-210 km/hour or 70-150 miles and hour the whole way and so we made good time. My nerves were frazzled but there were other drivers flashing us from behind because the wanted to get by. I am happy to see my husband who was gone for 2 weeks, he was happy to see the dog and I also. See the gift below: (With a sweet note, Welcome Home!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home