.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

White Bean and Tuna Salad

It's been a long time since I have made a food post but with my new diet, I am trying to make as many "low carb" foods and I can. I remember having this salad a few times this summer in Tuscany, in Orvieto and in Florence. It's a simple 5 ingredient or so salad that really tastes great. It it also a great topping for crostini. Try it before the summer is over.

White Bean Salad-Serves 2 as a starter

2 C. cooked white beans, you can also use borlotti beans or garbanzo beans
1/2 an onion, red, white or yellow, thinly sliced
2-4 T. chopped parsley
4 oz.good quality tuna
1-2 diced plum tomatoes

1. Gently fold all the ingredients together.

2. Season with salt, pepper and dress with lemon juice and good olive oil.

Serve in bibb lettuce cups, on top of a bed of arugula, with bread, grissini or crostini. Other tasty additions include diced celery, green onions, and chopped herbs.



All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Hmm... that does sound good. I have a good warm salad you might like as the weather gets cooler. It involved new Dutch potatoes, garbonzos, green onion, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and a mustard dressing. Minus the potatoes, it might work for you now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home