.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

The Kids Arrive

The children arrived yesterday and I’m guessing that I won’t have much time to blog during the next two weeks although they do have to read for an hour a day and do a bit of summer homework. After a nice dinner, they went to bed and on Sunday we headed to the Egyptian Museum in Torino. I strive to make outings fun and educational but it’s a bit difficult when we don’t understand each other well. Still, we took pictures and Ginevra every time called me over for a look when she saw something particularly scary.

3 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Gaia said...

Hi Gia,
how are you? how's going on with your young guests?
sorry to send it just now...i post the questions for "the cook next door"

1.What is your first memory of baking/cooking on your own?

2.Who had the most influence on your cooking?

3.What are your most valued or used kitchen gadgets and/or what was the biggest letdown?

4.Do you have an old photo as "evidence" of an early exposure to the culinary world?

5.Mageircophobia - do you suffer from any cooking phobia, a dish that makes your palms sweat?

6.Name some funny or weird food combinations/dishes you really like - and probably no one else!

7.What are the three eatables or dishes you simply don't want to live without?

Three quickies:
.Your favorite ice-cream
.You probably never eat...
.Your own signature dish

a presto.

 
At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe! I see that you'be been tagged!

I love what you did with the room for the kids. IKEA does save the day for many but IKEA is actually giving me a complex because now I can't decide what I want to put in the kitchen. We're suppose to sign for the house this week before we split. Still feels weird to even think of getting our own place here...

That outing at the museum brought back a few memories! Fab pics! I hope you all are having a great time and one more thing...Happy 4th of July for whatever it's worth. It never was a big deal in the islands, just another holiday. I think maybe tonight I'll 'celebrate' by making your flank steak with tropical salsa recipe. ;-)

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Gaia said...

yes,
sometimes i write in english, sometimes in italian! it dipends on my mood of the day! but anyway i love english and i'm trying to speake and write it as much as i can in order to improve it.
For the answers, just write on your blog as a new post...
gotta go now...NY cheesecake, sounds interesting, i've always heard about it, but never tried yet, i'll wait for your recipe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home