.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Friday, April 15, 2005

More Photos of our New Apartment

As we get closer to moving in, I thought I should post a few more photos of the apartment. It is a light and airy place, with the sun rising in our bedroom and living room and setting on the kitchen and offices. The photos are a bit dark because we have no light fixtures at all.

3 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Your place looks cool! Take some photos looking out your windows so we can see what you see outside.

You should go ahead and get your address and shopping list sent to the appropriate parties if suppies take a long time to get there. That way you'll be up and running sooner.

I hope Turin winters are mild, 'cause I see little radiant heaters in your rooms. Brrr.

Sara

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

I live at the base of the ALPS!!!! So therefore am not expecting a mild winter but we will see.

Acutally all old homes have radiant heating, our builing has central heat and we pay one price all year long. I can close some radiator valves and slow the heat down but you cannot shut it all off persay. I think the buiding is really old, you should see the paneled ceilings in the main entryway downstairs.

Radiant heating is my favorite because the heat is consistant and there is no forced air to blow dust around. Forced air is what I had at the Seattle house and it created a lot of dust.

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you also live a skip, hop and a jump away from Nice and the French Riviera.

Btw, how about sending me that invite to be a contributor to your blog again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home