.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Test Entry #1

So the condo hasn't sold yet and we are still here but I thought I should set up a blog, just in case. Demetrio and I have been selling off as many things as we can. So far, we have sold the dining room table and 6 chairs, tons of electronic equipment, camera stuff and other various things from the garage like his Craftsman toolbox (which he sold for much too cheap), bookshelves, the bed (we are sleeping on the guest bed) and the big screen TV.
I have also been trying to pawn off small appliances, as Italy does not accept the same types of motors and use a strange 220V electrical format. Today I got my sister, Kentra to come over and after a quick tour of the now empty condo and a bit of playtime with Zavier, our dog, she walked away with a bread maker, 1 halogen lamp, 2 bedside lamps, a marble mortar and pestle, a bright red Cuisine Art mini-prep food processor, A large CostCo size bag of charcoal, various pieces of plastic containers, a small side table, a jar of vanilla beans and a bag of gourmet sea salt.
Tomorrow I am headed over to Dagne's to try to "donate" a handheld stick blender and a waffle maker. She's already told me she does not need a Wax Master or a Martha Stewart sandwich maker. The condo goes up for sale on Nov. 23rd and so I have three more days to get rid of "stuff" we won't be taking with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home